M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
25. And He it is Who accepts repentance from His servants and pardons the evil deeds and He knows what you do;
26. And He answers those who believe and do good deeds, and gives them more out of His grace; and (as for) the unbelievers, they shall have a severe punishment.
27. And if Allah should amplify the provision for His servants they would certainly revolt in the earth; but He sends it down according to a measure as He pleases; surely He is Aware of, Seeing, His servants.*
28. And He it is Who sends down the rain after they have despaired, and He unfolds His mercy; and He is the Guardian, the Praised One.
29. And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and what He has spread forth in both of them of living beings; and when He pleases He is all-powerful to gather them together.
30. And whatever affliction befalls you, it is on account of what your hands have wrought, and (yet) He pardons most (of your faults).
31. And you cannot escape in the earth, and you shall not have a Guardian or a Helper besides Allah.
* In ease and plenty, man is inclined to be rebellious.