M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
him a brightly shining flame.
11. Then ask them whether they are stronger in creation or those (others) whom We have created. Surely We created them of firm clay.
12. Nay! you wonder while they mock,
13. And when they are reminded, they mind not,
14. And when they see a sign they incite one another to scoff,
15. And they say: This is nothing but clear magic:
16. What! when we are dead and have become dust and bones, shall we then certainly be raised:
17. Or our fathers of yore?
18. Say: Aye! and you shall be abject.
19. So it shall only be a single cry, when lo! they shall see.
20. And they shall say: O woe to us! this is the day of requital.
21. This is the day of the judgment which you called a lie.
22. Gather together those who were unjust and their associates, and what they used to worship
23. Besides Allah, then lead