M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
women, and Allah is forgiving, Merciful.
The City of Saba
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. (All) praise is due to Allah, Whose is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, and to Him is clue (all) praise in the hereafter; and He is the Wise, the Aware.
2. He knows that which goes down into the earth and that which comes out of it, and that which comes down from the heaven and that which goes up to it; and He is the Merciful, the Forgiving.
3. And those who disbelieve say: The hour shall not come upon us. Say: Yea! by my Lord, the Knower of the unseen, it shall certainly come upon you; not the weight of an atom becomes absent from Him, in the heavens or in the earth, and neither less than that nor greater, but (all) is in a clear book,
4. That He may reward those who believe and do good; these it is for whom is forgiveness and an honourable sustenance.
5. And (as for) those who strive hard in opposing Our