M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
not increase with Allah; and whatever you give in charity, desiring Allah’s pleasure — it is these (persons) that shall get manifold.
40. Allah is He Who created you, then gave you sustenance, then He causes you to die, then brings you to life. Is there any of your associate-gods who does aught of it? Glory be to Him, and exalted be He above what they associate (with Him).
41. Corruption has appeared in the land and the sea on account of what the hands of men have wrought, that He may make them taste a part of that which they have done, so that they may return.
42. Say: Travel in the land, then see how was the end of those before; most of them were polytheists.
43. Then turn thy face straight to the right religion before there come from Allah the day which cannot be averted; on that day they shall become separated.
44. Whoever disbelieves, he shall be responsible for his disbelief, and whoever does good, they prepare (good) for their own souls,