M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
223. They incline their ears, and most of them are liars.
224. And as to the poets, those who go astray follow them.
225. Do you not see that they wander about bewildered in every valley?
226. And that they say that which they do not do,
227. Except those who believe and do good and remember Allah much, and defend themselves after they are oppressed; and they who act unjustly shall know to what final place of turning they shall turn back.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Ta Sin! These are the verses of the Quran and the Book that makes (things) clear,
2. A guidance and good news for the believers,
3. Who keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and of the hereafter, they are sure.
4. As to those who do not believe in the hereafter, We have surely made their deeds fair-seeming to them, but they blindly wander on.
5. These are they who shall have an evil punishment, and in the hereafter they shall be the greatest losers.
6. And most surely you are made to receive the Quran from