M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
number of years.
12. Then We raised them up that We might know which of the two parties was best able to compute the time for which they remained.
13. We relate to you their story with the truth; surely they were youths who believed in their Lord and We increased them in guidance.
14. And We strengthened their hearts with patience, when they stood up and said: Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth; we will by no means call upon any god besides Him, for then indeed we should have said an extravagant thing.
15. These our people have taken gods besides Him; why do they not produce any clear authority in their support? Who is then more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah?
16. And when you forsake them and what they worship save Allah, betake yourselves for refuge to the cave; your Lord will extend to you largely of His mercy and provide for you a profitable course in your affair.
17. And you might see the sun when it rose decline from their cave towards the right hand, and