M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
mountains should pass away thereby.
47. Therefore do not think Allah (to be one) failing in His promise to His apostles; surely Allah is Mighty, the Lord of Retribution.
48. On the day when the earth shall be changed into a different earth, and the heavens (as well), and they shall come forth before Allah, the One, the Supreme.
49. And you will see the guilty on that day linked together in chains.
50. Their shirts made of pitch and the fire covering their faces,
51. That Allah may requite each soul (according to) what it has earned; surely Allah is swift in reckoning.
52. This is a sufficient exposition for the people and that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is One God and that those possessed of understanding may mind.
The Rock (Hijr)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Alif Lam Ra. These are the verses of the Book and (of) a Quran that makes (things) clear.