M. H. Shakir, The Holy Quran; Arabic Text and English Translation; Foot-notes by M. H. Shakir (1974)
The Elevated Places (Araf)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
1. Alif Lam Mim Suad.
2. A Book revealed to you — so let there be no straitness in your breast on account of it — that you may warn thereby and a reminder close to the believers.
3. Follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow guardians besides Him, how little do you mind.
4. And how many a town hat We destroyed, sc Our punishment came to it by night or while they slept at midday.
5. Yet their cry, when Our punishment came to them, was nothing but that they said: Surely we were unjust.
6. Most certainly then We will question those to whom (the apostles) were sent, and most certainly We will also question the apostles;
7. Then most certainly We will relate to them with knowledge, and We were not absent.
8. And the measuring out on that they will be just; then as for him whose measure (of good deeds) is heavy, those are they who shall be successful;